Hickory Playground is calling musicians, bands, and groups of ALL GENRES to submit to HPG’s newest initiative, Songs For Today.

We are especially interested in original international songs and songs in non-english language that reflect the culture of your nationality.

This Virtual Songwriting Competition is an opportunity to share your work with the world while also supporting the arts in public schools. If selected, your song will compete against other selected songs during the week of October 19-26 with the winner being decided by PUBLIC ONLINE VOTING!

The winner will receive $1,000 plus, 25% of all proceeds raised will be donated to a social justice or community development initiative of their choosing, in their name. The other 75% goes right back to arts departments in public education. 2nd Place will receive $250, and 3rd place will receive $100. Each vote costs $1 with a maximum of 100 votes per voter. Winner will be announced Learn more and submit at HickoryPlayground.org/SFT.

Selected Competitors will be Announced on Oct. 20.
Voting is the Week of October 19-26.
Winner Announced Oct. 28!

Music videos and live recordings (or Zoom edited recordings) are encouraged, though not required. We are happy to share a picture of your album or of you. Produced music is eligible to compete, as long as the song itself was written in 2020.