The Hickory International Council offers grants to community organizations that provide programs supportive of the goals, purposes, and projects of the HIC. Proposals for the grants should be received by January 31 every year, and awardees will be identified by the end of February the following year.
Grant Rules and Criteria
- Grants may be requested at any amount up to a maximum of $500. Applications for smaller grants are acceptable and are encouraged. Grants may not be used to pay salaries or to otherwise compensate individuals.
- Grants will generally be given only once for a specific program or project. Grantees however may apply for a grant for a different program or project in subsequent years. At the discretion of the Hickory International Council a grant may be given to a multi-year project which received a grant in a prior year.
- Grantees must provide a minimum of 50% of project support, either financially or via in kind donations including significant volunteer effort. If volunteer effort is claimed to meet this requirement, the estimated amount of volunteer effort must be detailed in the grant application. The grant application must provide specific details as to how the applicant will use the grant monies and how the minimum 50% project support requirement will be met.
- Grants may be given as either “seed money” or for operational costs of a program or project.
- Applications submitted after the due date of January 31 will not be considered.
- Grants may be awarded to individuals, non-profit organizations or community organizations (eg, churches, schools, senior centers, civic organizations, scout troops, etc.).
- At least one grant will be awarded each year to individuals or organizations that operate within the City of Hickory. Other grants can be awarded to individuals or organizations that operate anywhere within Catawba County. If there are no grant applications from the City of Hickory, grants can be awarded to applicants from Catawba County.
- Grant proposals must indicate how the project or program supports the goals, purposes and mission of the Hickory International Council.
If interested in applying for the grant, fill out the application using one of the links below and submit by January 31. For questions, contact Gretchen Oetting at email@example.com.
Community Grant Form
Community Grant Form (Word format)
Community Grant Form (PDF format)